I have been baking now for probably close to a decade and it brings lots of happiness and extra pounds. My scale can vouch for this. I've really never met (or tasted) a sweet I didn't like. Except maybe if it includes coconut, but that's not what I have here for you today. These cookies come from one of my favorite food bloggers, Picky Palate. When I saw that her secret ingredient was vanilla pudding mix I knew I had to try it for myself.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 or 1-1/2 cups Mini M&M’s (I used regular)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl cream your butter and sugars until well combined. Add your egg and vanilla mixing to combine. Add your flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt, stirring to combine. Add chips and m and m’s stirring to combine.
- With a medium cookie scoop, place dough 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked through. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Makes 2 dozen cookies