Stuffed Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
A friend of a friend very generously moved the content of my blog from tumblr to wordpress for me recently. For FREE. I obviously couldn't let that kindness go unrewarded and luckily for me, this was a tech genius with a B-I-G sweet tooth. My wifey has asked his wife if he's part elf because he knows how to indulge in all sweets that come across his desk. Haha! Saturday night, with the help of my beautiful assistant, I made another attempt at stuffed cookies. This time with Reese's Peanut Butter in the miniature size. It was definitely much easier than the s'more stuffed cookies I made a few months ago, equally delicious - just easier.
Next time I make these (and pb fans take note) I will definitely use the original sized cups. There just wasn't enough peanut butter to do justice to their name.
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 oz bag chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla until well combined.
2. Place flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl; mix then slowly add to wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips to combine. Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of snack size candy bar. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of candy bar. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until candy bar is enclosed with dough. Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve with a tall glass of milk, enjoy!
Makes 25 cookies.
Thank you again Justin! More treats are definitely in your future :)