Will You Accept This Cupcake?
It's hard to believe we're already a month into the latest season of the Bachelor and it's even harder to believe that Chris could end up with anyone at the end of it all?! Between the drunks, the Kim Kardashian wannabe, conversations about aliens and all the dead family members - it seems unimaginable that there is a diamond in the rough (pun intended) .
I baked these cupcakes to share with my girl-friend Kaila when she came over to watch last Monday. The Bachelor became a guilty pleasure of ours when we first became roommates. Jake Pavelka turned out to be a total dud, but I was hooked after that. This cupcake embodies all the best parts of my favorite reality show - champagne included!
// Makes 12 Cupcakes //
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup champagne
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line pan with cupcake papers of your choice.
2. In a bowl whisk flour, baking powder and salt. In a mixing bowl beat butter and sugar 3 to 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat in the eggs one at a time.
3. Beat in flour mixture and champagne in three alternating additions, starting and ending with flour to prevent curdling. (Mine seemed a little wet at the end so I added a less than 2 tbs. of flour till I saw a better consistency.) Scoop batter into the pan and bake 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
4. Let cool and then frost with strawberry buttercream frosting.
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shortening (like Crisco)
- 4 - 5 cups powdered sugar
- 3 - 4 tbs. strawberry puree
1. Beat together butter and shortening until smooth, do not overbeat!
2. Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time until you have a thick consistency.
3. Add strawberry puree. If you desire a stronger flavor, add one tbs. at a time to maintain a pipe-able consistency.
Original cake recipe found on The Glitter Guide.