Kaila's South of The Border Chili
So my friend Kaila didn't exactly invent this slow cooker recipe, but it's my blog and I'm going to give her the credit. She is the one who brought it into my life and she added her own little tweaks to it. Hello - you should ALWAYS add corn! This recipe has become a staple in my life. It's so easy and delicious. I guarantee it will become a regular in your crock-pot as well.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 (10.75 oz) cans tomato soup (fill one of the can with water + pour it in over the top.)
- 2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can of corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- salt to taste
Place turkey in the skillet, and cook until evenly brown; drain.
Coat the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray, and mix in turkey, tomato soup, kidney beans, black beans, etc.
Season with chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper and salt.
Cover, and cook for about 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low